Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 12: Goat Rodeo Uprising

Ugh. Guys .... today has been a shitshow. An absolute GOAT RODEO of a Day.

Cat herding AND Goat Rodeo! WHEEEE!
I think I was cursed from the beginning because the theme of today's mail, brought to you by the lovely folks at Whole9, was STRESS.

I found this part interesting:

"So, are you a stress junkie? Does any of the following sound like you?"
  • Are you always on tight deadlines, multi-tasking within an inch of your life or creating ridiculous schedules for yourself? -- UM. Let me check my schedule.
  • Are you a perfectionist in everything you do, even when it doesn't really matter? IT *DOES* MATTER IF NATE'S T-SHIRT DRAWER IS NOT FOLDED CORRECTLY. Duh.
  • Are you an inattentive listener, checking email, paying bills or cleaning while on the phone? - I'm sorry, what?
  • Are you constantly worrying about "what if," stuck in an endless loop of dreaming up worst-case scenarios? -- What if I totally screw up this answer and everyone hates me???
  • Do you rush everywhere, all the time, because there are other things elsewhere you should be doing? -- Uh. Yes?
  • Have you lost all sense of patience, losing your cool when faced with even a minor telephone hold, appointment delay or grocery store line? -- Possibly.
  • Are you always saying, "Things will calm down soon," but they never, ever do? -- But ... it will calm down like next week, right???
  • Does the idea of a restorative yoga class, meditation or sitting quietly for 15 minutes make you want to crawl out of your skin? -- I'd rather put pins in MAH EYE HOLES.
Soooooo.....I might be a stress junkie. MIGHT! 


I will need to read this a bit more for comprehension .. I just have skimmed ... but yeah. Seems about right. And I *know* that I get wound up about stuff that no one else gives a pile of dung about. And I know it's not healthy. It's just a matter of figuring out what to stress about and what not to stress about. 

To Chill or Not to Chill ... that is the question.

I mean ... when I TELL myself to chill ... it's like Samuel L. Jackson telling me to chill. This whole scene (below) is basically what is going on in my head at all times (just add circus music and cats)


So ... I guess I have another thing to figure out. YAY.


1 comment:

  1. You are my queso and I love you. You have always been a stress junkie. But we all still love you :-)

    ReplyDelete