Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 1: Alone, Dark, and In the Rain

My Day 1 was a complete shitshow. Yeah. I said it.

I woke up late. I rushed to work. I sat at my desk ALL DAMN DAY (Slingin that MAD CODE, yo. I'm like the Heisenberg of Email).

SAY MY NAME
When I left at 730pm, I had a GRAND TOTAL of 436 steps. Only 7,064 steps to go. AND some damn yoga to practice. So I get in the car, head to Target (I had to get a TIARA and some toothpaste), head home. Thankfully Target and the parking lot got me up to about 2500 steps. I stomp into the kitchen. Eat my shrimp and veg. Stomp outside to walk around aimlessly. It's dark. It's raining. I'm in my dress clothes from work.

I look like a pacing-business casual-weirdo. BUT DAMMIT I GOT MAH STEPS. 7534, bitches.

So then I stomp home. Stomp upstairs. Stomp to our exercise room. AND DO SOME MUTHER_FRACKING YOGA with Rodney. And Winston.

Aside: Winston LOVES watching either of us work out. He often will just sit and stare and purr the entire time. It's weird. I think he may have been a personal trainer in another life.

Not Winston.
Rodney decided to take us to Maui for our session ... wearing nothing but bike shorts. Also, Rodney told me to "relax my back into animal suppleness". Which I totally did. My back was totally as supple as an animal.

Also, also, Rodney is totally married (he was wearing his ring ... I noticed during NAMASTE) ... so we will have to keep our special times together ... SUPER SECRET.

Anyhow ... lessons learned:

1. Get up earlier
2. Walk more during the day
3. Plan ahead

1 comment:

  1. I wish my cats were personal trainers. Instead, when I do exercises, they just try to sit underneath me - this does not make pushups easy.

    ReplyDelete