Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 1: Coffee, Jeans, and Decay Pr0n

You may ask yourself ... so what does Jen actually DO all day now that she's not slinging that sweet email code?

Short answer: Well, it varies.

Take today. Today was a jambalaya of activities.

First, I got up and headed over to my friend's house to help out with some spring cleaning and visit with her kidlets. I must have been dragging because her oldest (preschool aged) said:

"I think Auntie Jen needs more coffee."

Not her child. But it IS offering me coffee.
Ah, out of the mouths of babes.

After cleaning (and watching Frozen ... LETTGO LETIT GOOOOOOO), I headed down to Pioneer Square to play tourist. I had never done the "Underground Tour" before so I thought I'd give it a visit. It was 90 minutes well spent. AND ... it was on my 101 in 1001 project, so double score.

Also, if you are into DECAY PR0N then this is the tour for you. Musty, moldy, damp, rusty ... it serves all shades. I didn't see any ghosts down there but I can definitely see why the BRO-DUDES from Ghost Adventures / Ghost Hunters thought it was cool. It definitely had ambiance.

Next, I drove back to the comforts of the east side. The cats made sure I was eating Linner properly. I got caught up on email and laundry.

OH. LAUNDRY. For several YEARS, I've been trying to get my lovely, sainted husband to consider wearing a different style of jeans. I determined the best way to get this to happen is to just to buy a bunch of different types jeans and make him try them on at home. In the kitchen. While he's trying to make dinner.

Not Nate's jeans. 
And huzzah! He kept the ones I picked! (Mostly so he could get back to cooking chicken) So now they are busy getting washed for his future use. Now ... if I can only get him to give up some of his t shirts. The man hoards t shirts and socks.

Not Nate's t shirt. But very well could be.
As for my little Whole 30 project ... easy peasy. The first days aren't the hardest for me ...it's the 10-12 day range where the rubber meets the road.

Thanks for following along! =)


1 comment: