Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 7: One week down ...

First ... STATS:

Day 1, 8/14: 7531
Day 2, 8/15: 7703
Day 3, 8/16: 8004
Day 4, 8/17: 7601
Day 5, 8/19: 8139
Day 6, 8/20: 8040

I'm becoming more skilled at figuring out how to squeeze in more steps during the day (HELLO walking down 15 flights of stairs!) and so my DEATH MARCHES are slowly getting less DEATH-Y.

Have I mentioned my DAILY fear of falling down and breaking my ankles? Yes? Okay. Moving along.

In other news, I've had three different people, AT MY PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT, ask me if I had lost weight. Which ... I have complex feels on the subject.

I try to stay as ninja as possible (hence the soft soled shoes and all black) so any sort of "noticing" me is counter to my ninja code. And semi-public praise / commentary about my body is ... well ... weird.

I mean .. would you go up to someone and say ... HEY! I noticed that your boobs are substantially larger than how I remember them. Are you breastfeeding or are those puppies fake? New bra? (Most likely no. At least, I hope not ... for your sake.)

I know. This is a different thing. And it's all well-intentioned. And I get it. And it's not bad, per se. But it still makes me feel a little ... weird. You would think I would feel happy and awesome about the comments. But alas, no. It makes me feel ... gross. It's like I am putting the NEGATIVE NANCY filter on the comment. So instead of hearing:

Hey! You look like you've lost weight. Good for you!

I HEAR:

Hey! I noticed that your gross/giant/misshapen body is slightly less gross/giant/misshapen.  Thanks for complying with society's demands on you to fit in with the rest of us, FATTY.

LE SIGH. I know. Not productive. Not helpful. Not PC. Not awesome. Welcome to the world of constant self-loathing.

In other less revealing and neurotic news ... I took a 24 break from Rodney. I wanted some space to think about our relationship and where things are going between us. I think I've made some progress. We'll see.

Well, I gots to get to stepping. I'm also scheduled to go take a ballroom dancing class in an hour. UNIVERSE HELP ME.

I'm kinda hoping for:



I will settle for : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSoASknNuXU (sans the white outfit . .. I will take the Bradley Cooper)

No comments:

Post a Comment